Unconventional Living

 "My Reasons For Homeschooling" post is below.

Talk about feeling like an alien on Planet Convention! :) I can't help but grow further from the modern conventions of our culture. Industrialization and civilization may have its benefits, but this girl does not fit the mold. There are many harmful aspects of the common lifestyle around me and I feel myself pushing away from it. The only thing that keeps me tethered (physically anyway) is the calling of God that keeps me from running away altogether. God says stay here or there, I stay. (Or I try to!)

SOME of the ways we live and think unconventionally:

-We homeschool/unschool
-As we grew in the LORD, we grew further from conventional "church" and closer to more natural gatherings of believers.
-Since September 2012, we have been living full-time in an RV (5 months at the writing of this post). I don't know how long we will do this. We have a desire to get settled and live in a small house on lots of land but until then...
-We drink raw, grass-fed milk and make butter and other milk products at home.
-We get most of our food locally from farmers' markets, farms, homegrown, or online ordering website like Azure Standard. We focus on grass-fed/pastured animals products and organic.
-We follow the general diet guidelines of traditional diets who are happy, healthy, and free from our COMMON diseases. Many of these foods go against modern "wisdom" such as consuming natural animal fats and raw egg yolks and milk.

So, basically, we are getting back to the basics of living a simple, nourishing, Christ-centered life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment